GameChanger Charity's mission is to positively impact the lives of children & families suffering from life-threatening illnesses through video games, compassion and innovation. Founded in 2007, GameChanger was started by Jim Carol after witnessing the effect video games had on his son Taylor after surviving a 5 year cancer diagnosis.
Funds raised by GameChanger go towards (96% direct to the cause):
- Financial aid for patients & families with cancer
- College scholarships for survivors
- Video games & toys for patients
- Hosting unique gaming events for patients
Over the last 12 months, GameChanger improved the lives of children with life-threating illnesses by:
- Visiting 15 hospitals around the USA on the Gamers Give Back Tour with Child's Play
- Providing gifts & direct support to over 4,250 patients/staff in hospitals
- Delivering gifts of video games, electronics & toys worth over $102,000 (retail value)
- Funding 32 college scholarships for cancer patients/survivors
- Processing over 100 tons of donated items/physical goods from partners
To learn more about GameChanger, visit gamechangercharity.org or watch this short video from one of GameChanger's hospital events:
Founded in 2004, Games for Change facilitates the creation and distribution of social impact games that serve as critical tools in humanitarian and educational efforts. Games for Change aims to leverage entertainment and engagement for social good. To further grow the field, Games for Change convenes multiple stakeholders, highlights best practices, incubates games, and helps create and direct investment into new projects.
To learn more, visit gamesforchange.org.
Looking for an individual or team participating in an event?